Many of us rely on the internet. Sometimes we even do something useful with it, like sharing cupcake recipes and telling strangers why their opinions about Brexit and Trump are stupid.
But have you thought what you’d do if the internet died?
There are various technical things that could go wrong with the internet. These are too technical for this article. And some outside scientific events could also cause a catastrophic breakdown of the internet. Again you’ll have to take my word for this.
Here, instead, are five tips to survive the death of the internet.
1. Panic. This could take the form of screaming, scrunching yourself into a ball or shaking uncontrollably.
2. Get a paintball gun or water pistol. This will help you to rob necessities without murder complicating things.
3. Stock up on necessities like Flakes and Quavers.
4. Have a plan. For example – how are you going to share inspiring advice or updates on your weight? Round robin letter? Phone calls? Radio phone-ins?
5. Wait. Someone is bound to invent a new internet at some point.
I hope you’ve found this article useful. If not, I have other advice on what to do if you find a frog in your garden and how to decide between chips and mashed potatoes.